Wanderlust

Wanderlust
I like to linger, a little longer, a little longer here with you

31 July, 2016

That half an hour into the enchanted Forest (Sanjay Vans)

Yesterday I took a tour into a city forest. Sanjay Vans, a sprawling forest lying just next to Qutub institutional Area, is such a visual feast away from the commotion of traffic. I had heard so much about this thickly wooded area but couldn't make myself go inside and check it out for real. Maybe because of the negative rumours of it being one of the most haunted places in Delhi. However Yesterday, I actually convinced myself to go inside. To my surprise I got the most positive vibes when I went in. I took a moment to breathe in the freshest air and the Smell of Geeli-mitti (it was actually a moment for me). It is one of Delhi's largest green spaces, with vermillion and fuchsia boughs of bougainvillea, trees spreading, curving and twisting in yogic poses. There were different species of vibrantly hued butterflies, a peacock which disappeared into the foliage upon seeing me and sang all the time we were there, and leaves and flowers falling all the time. It was very pleasant to be out of the metropolis and its mundanity and chaos to be inside this serene natural wonderland, soaked in a very light rain, listening to the birds chatter with each other from their respective tree points. As I sat there now, recalling what I had read about the southern Ridge and its history which stretches back to Pre Sultanate Period, it started to drizzle. And as it was getting darker, I came out, determined to come back again to get immersed in the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment